My New Pool Build! (San Antonio Tx)

Also stuck on the swg or bleach thing. I’m in Texas so everyone is talking me into the bleach. I have a freind who after 6 years converted because the salt was destroying everything thing around! I have no equipment yet and all I know is my builder uses Pentairs largest residential sand filters , 3 hp vsp pump and swears this is the best way. I have no freaking idea what to do after reading all this. ?‍♂️?‍♂️

1st pool went Liquid, a hassle getting bleach monthly, it does not like being stored in the hot garage!!!
This pool I went SWG, travertine coping and I cannot see any issues yet (pool is 4 months old) You still have to stay on top of the water testing so do not get fooled by set and forget!!!
Both have pros and cons, so far the cons of SWG have not altered my love of it!!!

John

Reactions: Res11cue
I am just now finding this thread. What a pretty pool so for!

NO sealing unless you want to keep doing it over the years AND the part under the water will end up looking different than the above water. It will be a pain to re-seal after the pool is filled as you will have to lower the water to under the tiles AND leave it there for a bit until the sealer dries.

I LOVE your waterline tile and am glad you did the darker grout.

If you keep your water the TFP way your tile and grout should be just fine like they are.

SWG vs bleach-If you want you can get a "stenner" bleach pump set up. Here is just one of many links about it: Stenner liquid chlorine pump - How to choose and install BUT the SWG is even easier so..........

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Res11cue
I think you made a good choice with the tile and the raised columns, but I agree on the single piece on the spillway. Also, should it be thicker? Since only part of the coping is supported, I would be worried about it cracking when someone stands on it to do a swan dive into the pool.

I think you made a good choice with the tile and the raised columns, but I agree on the single piece on the spillway. Also, should it be thicker? Since only part of the coping is supported, I would be worried about it cracking when someone stands on it to do a swan dive into the pool.
Yes agreed. That has been a big concern about the standing on it part. I’m gonna talk to some stone people tomorrow and see what I can come up with ?

Looking good. Can you string some lights from that tree? I have my 100 ft of string lights from Costco just itching to be hung up from our tree over the spa.

Are you going to put a topper on the existing patio to make it the same height as your pool decking?

Yes. I plan on building an awning off my shop and stringing some lights from the back porch to tree to shop. And the height is only about 1 1/2” difference on patio. It looks more dramatic at the angle and since they dug it down to run the plumbing. At this point I’m not gonna mess with it.

FC30FB21-7D59-4881-93DA-19A54A605B85.jpeg

Reactions: JJ_Tex

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wait.........................is that a chlorine tablet feeder plumped BEFORE the heater??? That needs to be redone. It should be AFTER the heater. If it is kept there then there is a possibility of the chlorine from the tablets messing up the heater. There should also be a bypass around the heater just in case you don't want the water going through the heater.

Doggy-I love how she is groomed. The tail is cute cut like that!!

Got
Wait.........................is that a chlorine tablet feeder plumped BEFORE the heater??? That needs to be redone. It should be AFTER the heater. If it is kept there then there is a possibility of the chlorine from the tablets messing up the heater. There should also be a bypass around the heater just in case you don't want the water going through the heater.

Doggy-I love how she is groomed. The tail is cute cut like that!!
got it. Will bring it up to the builder. Thanks??

Also, make sure when they move it, they install a checkvalve between the heater and chlorinator. This will prevent backflow into the heater when the pump is off.

Reactions: kimkats
Have they cut a notch along the bottom side of the spillover? It is usually back just slightly from the lip and often needed to break the surface tension of the water to keep if from wrapping around the stone and back to the tile face, or dripping off somewhere underneath. I suppose they could wait, but it does get debris into the pool if they wait and see then have to cut it. I'd at least get the PB's take on the water flow now and ask them what is usually needed.

Tile looks great on that wall! I hope your water splashing onto your waterline tile and drying doesn't give you white buildup from your hard water.

That is one deep spa! That plaster color looks so pretty! I love how you were able to catch the sparkle on the camera.........BLING!!!

When you start the water do NOT turn it off for any reason until it is in the middle of the waterline tile. If you stop the water it could make a ring on the plaster that is almost impossible to get off :(

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.