My New Old Pool Dig Out

We had an extremely cold winter with a 2 week period of temps hovering in the lows 0-7 and highs around 20. I built a canopy over the pool so we could do the tile and coping work during that period. Retaining wall and various dirt projects had to be completed before the concrete work. Concrete was poured on Monday. I am finishing up the plumbing work this weekend along with the main drain install Friday. Plaster in 2 weeks. Making slow progress but the end is in the crosshairs. Next pics will be filled with water hopefully.

Attachments

• pool march 2021.jpg
    pool march 2021.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 237
  • pool march 2021 1.jpg
    pool march 2021 1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 233
  • pool march 2021 2.jpg
    pool march 2021 2.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 233
Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Reactions: kne and DUCK01

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love these threads and I'm absolutely amazed with all the hard work that goes into bringing to life an once buried pool. You should be so incredibly proud of all the work and attention to detail you have put into this project. What an incredible job. I can not wait to see it completed!

My electric bill that month while working on the pool was almost $700. I had 4 heaters running almost constantly (1 being a decent size garage heater on 220) and a propane one from time to time. Lowest it ever got was 37 in the tent but I was regularly mid 40's throughout the night. I was able to get tile and coping done during that 3 week stretch. It cost me roughly $300 in lumber and another $150 for the tarp. Kept my project moving forward! I was bound and determined to hit my spot for plastering this year. I didn't want to miss that window and possibly get pushed to the back of the line.

Just wanted to give you an update: my project was stopped due to permitting issues for the last month basically. One of my neighbors felt it was necessary to let the whole world know that I was putting in a pool - I was actually rehabbing a pool which is not near as permitting intensive as installing new. I was finally able to get the required permits from the Village I live in for a remodel.
I want to know if, in an ultimate act of "rub your nose in it".. if you will be inviting this neighbor over for a swim. ;)

I want to know if, in an ultimate act of "rub your nose in it".. if you will be inviting this neighbor over for a swim. ;)
Actually that neighbor happened to be putting a new pool in and she couldn't get the necessary permits so she felt obligated to tell them I was working on a pool in my backyard. After all was said and done, (the local municipality contracts out their inspections with the larger county we live in) the county told me it was a rehab and I in fact didn't need any permits other than electrical. So the 2 month delay was all for nothing - I would have been done with the plastering at the end of 2020 if it were not for that delay. Long story short - heck NO she can swim in here tiny 6' deep pool.

• Haha
Reactions: mguzzy and borjis
- I would have been done with the plastering at the end of 2020 if it were not for that delay. Long story short - **** NO she can swim in here tiny 6' deep pool.
The pool Gods are just and true. Trying to turn you in did not win any favor with them. I promise. Karma is a *mean lady* they say.....

Reactions: Casey
I am so impressed with your work, and I love buried pool rehabs! Cannot wait to see it finished!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.