Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Had some issues getting started this year and things got pretty green. The past few days I've been waking up to zero FC after dumping almost a gallon of bleach in each day. So, did a SLAM a bit ago and added 4 gallons. Anything else I should do/know to get this pool in balance?

So I already added the 4 gallons of bleach according to the Pool Math app. You can see my logs for more info. Retested and it wants another 3 gallons. Could that even be right??

If you are using 6% bleach then it's about right. 10% chlorinating liquid will get you 38 FC by comparison instead of 24.

Reactions: Michelle22
Test and add back to 24 FC every 2-3 to speed the process along. The M(aintain) part is critical to the process. You can add at a convenient time to buy yourself the next few hours off if an errand comes up.

So I need to get more bleach. This will be my last 3 gallons....so annoyed with myself for letting it get to this point.

Walmart / HD / Lowes Have chlorinating liquid in the pool section that's 10% and more bang for the buck. Find date code on the bottle (22XXXXXXXX) The 22 is the year and the next 3 #s are the day it was produced. The 024th day, the 124th day, etc. Google Julian calander to line that up with how old it is. Although right now is about mid year so today's batch would be 22190XXXX or something close to that. You want 3 months old or newer. Many of the stores have old stock out because they don't know and don't care anyway.

Review the SLAM Process thoroughly.
You actually didn't SLAM. You dumped some chlorine in one time.

As noted above, the SLAM is a process. Follow it to the letter to get your pool back to crystal clear and sanitary.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Walmart / HD / Lowes Have chlorinating liquid in the pool section that's 10% and more bang for the buck. Find date code on the bottle (22XXXXXXXX) The 22 is the year and the next 3 #s are the day it was produced. The 024th day, the 124th day, etc. Google Julian calander to line that up with how old it is. Although right now is about mid year so today's batch would be 22190XXXX or something close to that. You want 3 months old or newer. Many of the stores have old stock out because they don't know and don't care anyway.
How many gallons should I get while I'm there? Do you think 8 will suffice for my process? (I know we can't be sure, but I don't want to run back out later if I don't have to.)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
10 is a good start for sure. If you are staying on top of it, you won't be adding 4 gallons every time and it will be 1/2 gals or whatevs. (y)

What was the FC to start ?
How long until the 2nd test/add ?
What was that FC when you tested ?

Just saw this post, but I've been testing and recording. I guess I didn't record the FC the first time and I don't recall what it was. :cautious:

Reactions: Newdude
Looks like I didn't have any chlorine loss overnight. Hope I can get my CC down a bit more today. Once that happens I can call the SLAM a success if I'm understanding the process correctly. Correct? :sneaky:

You are done when:

When all three are true, you are done SLAMing and can allow the FC to drift down to normal levels.

Have you read SLAM Process?

Reactions: Mdragger88
That is why I stated "if I'm understanding the process correctly". The article states that if we have more questions to post here for HELP. I have read the thing about 5 times.

Pics of the water? It's still a cloudy but there's an improvement from yesterday. ;) I will keep testing today and adding as I need to. I just wanted confirmation that I'm on the right track with my testing logs. If you guys see anything whacko I would appreciate the heads up.

Reactions: Newdude
Yup. Get some pics up when you have a moment. Intex filters are notoriously undersized and test the patience of anyone needing to clear a pool.

If the FC is holding, keep it up as a precaution as you do not want to quit too early and end up back at square one. Instead, enjoy that keeping the FC up is much easier now. It's just a matter of perspective. :)

Brush well and vac daily, preferable a couple of times. You want to keep all that crud stirred up in the water so the filter can get it, or vac anything out that fell to the floor. Watch the filter and clean it anytime the PSI raises 25% from the clean value.

You got this. It's just a matter of P-O-P (pool owner patience) and some elbow grease.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.