Chicago, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi, my pool water is cloudy. Do I have to bring FC ppm up to full SLAM level or can I stop if the water clears up at say 15ppm FC?

SWG
FC 15ppm (was at about 5ppm when turned cloudy and just brought it up to 15ppm with liquid chlorine)
CYA 60
PH 7.6
CH 250
TA 100

U can stop -but why? It’s just a waste of chlorine because it will come back when fc falls. Anything short of slam level for your cya (which is 24ppm) FC/CYA Levels may slow it down/keep it at bay but it won’t last long.
There a reason it’s called SLAM -
Shock Level And Maintain - until u meet ALL 3 end of slam criteria- the MAINTAIN is super important.
anything less won’t do the trick & you’ll be in this same spot sooner rather than later.
Wouldn’t you rather be algae free & know it?

Reactions: mmesqc1578
Ok I will do the entire process. I have an autocover. Should I keep autocover open during the day throughout the SLAM process? Even though the UV index is quite high and may eat more chlorine....

You can leave it on if you’re not home to help maintain slam level & then leave it off for a little while after u add liquid chlorine & at night so the cc’s can escape.

Reactions: mmesqc1578
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.