muriatic acid --

The Klean Strip 'Green' will not be full strength. It should be 20%. So stronger than the 'pool' version.

I am still able to get full strength muriatic acid at our Home Depot in Bullhead City. It is typically next to the half strength stuff with the pool chems.

Hope that helps!

This is the stuff at my Home Depot. They sell it in 2 packs in the outdoor garden section:

PY78OTE.jpg

A good price if full strength. The HDX full strength here is $12.98 for a 2 gal pack.

The Lowes in Bullhead City only carries the half strength stuff. Same as you show you got at Home Depot.

Check Home Depot for the full strength, they have it here in Bullhead City, AZ. You can check their web page, pick the Home Depot you go to as the location. They will show if they have it in stock.

Dash,

The most reasonably priced full strength muriatic acid I have found in our area is at the pool store. Never could find it at hardware store here.

Leslie's has it but you need to ask them for it since they store it in back. Best price I found was $11.99 at a pool store called A&M Corsons for $11.99. They have several stores in the east valley.

On a side note, they also sell the refillable 12.5% liquid chlorine bottles by HASA. I use the HASA coupon for buy 3 get 1 free, so get 4 bottles for $11.99.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks everyone!
I went to another Home Depot, and they did carry the full strength. I bought 2 gallons for $12.98. The lady also gave me the SKU #346 289. If any stores carry the full strength it would be under that SKU.

Dash,

If you are interested , I highly recommend finding an independent pool store nearby that sells returnable cases of Hasa brand chlorine (12.5%) and muriatic acid (31.5%). The Hasa chemicals tend to be stronger (fresher as they're made in Tucson), come in cases of 4, and wastes less plastic. You can find a store on Hasa's website. I live over in Peoria and buy from a local store here. Works great.

That's a great suggestion. I'll search around for some different pool stores.

I've been buying the liquid chlorine (2 gallon pack), KEMTEK from Frys Grocery, and it sells for $5.99 - my buddy said it's a good price and good quality.

excellent, thanks for website.
I notice that I'll pour in some MA that pool math tells me to add and my pH will drop, but then a day(s) later I'll go check and the pH is way high again. Will I need to keep adding MA all the time, or is this just a summer thing, or is something else seriously off? I'm adding chlorine on the regular and I understood that it needed to be added pretty often, but the MA seems a bit more confusing to me.

I notice that I'll pour in some MA that pool math tells me to add and my pH will drop, but then a day(s) later I'll go check and the pH is way high again. Will I need to keep adding MA all the time, or is this just a summer thing, or is something else seriously off? I'm adding chlorine on the regular and I understood that it needed to be added pretty often, but the MA seems a bit more confusing to me.

TA plays role in PH so lowering that should help. As you add MA to lower PH, TA will go down over time.

However, I will say that I have the exact same issue and I think a lot of it has to do with our fill water here in AZ. We are getting a lot of evaporation now, so we are adding new water that is high in TA. My TA is currently at 80, and still need to add MA every couple days. I'm trying to get it down to 60, since I have heard that is a good sweet spot to stabilize PH.

Aeration from water features like waterfalls as well as increased splashing play a role in PH rise as well.

Are you chlorinating with an SWG? Do you have a waterfall, spa or any type of feature that splashes into you pool? Either of these things will raise your pH due to aeration/carbonation effects. If not, check your TA and adjust it. If it is on the low end of the recommended range, raise TA or vice-versa. Every pool is different but TA acts as a pH buffer. Additionally, adding borates to your pool will also buffer pH. Here's a link to a PoolSchool article explaining how to lower TA and the effects I mentioned above. Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity Good Luck!

Thanks for the speedy reply. I don't have an SWG, but I was using a little aeration (for no good reason).
I just turned off the aeration and I'll add some MA shortly after that. Hopefully this pH can stay at a
reasonable level and stop shooting up so high.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.