MSP recalibrate

carlb

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2013
Having some problems with T-Cell shutdown due to Salt level..... which got me calling the Hayward listed local company for help.... Tech shows up and says he can't make selections on the LCD (MSP) to get to the Configuration page. Says I need a new screen. Will send a quote for repair of screen. $799.00
While waiting, I found https://hayward-pool-assets.com/ass...bleshooting-guides/omnilogic-how-to-guide.pdf page 10. Recalibrate MSP. Hmmm

Real reason for this post: How to I change the HUA of a pump? Seems I did a reload of a back up and now my Feature pump is my Filter pump. Feature pump is the old Filter pump. I switched them when I replaced the Filter pump. Put that pump on as Feature during the new pump install. Didn't update the backup file. DOH....

Is there a Youtube or instruction that show how to reassign (switch) HUAs for pumps and such???

Thanks,
carl

In your OmniLogic Configuration you tell the Omni system which HUA is for which purpose. You need to go into CONFIGURATION in the OMNI control panel and tell it the HUA for the each pump.

If you find your Configuration screen is password protected try the MSP ID number.

I can't activate the Configure Wiz due to the scan not being calibrated correctly. The config Wiz button is in the upper left corner of the screen. The highest item I can activate is System Info. To calibrate the screen: Config Wiz, Shell, tap on the 5 squares, Check mark symbol. Done.

So, no config Wiz, no shell, no calibrate. Has anyone had this problem and found a fix? How to calibrate the screen without access to "shell" inside the Config Wiz? Is there a way to run config wiz via app, instead of the Omnilogic screen? App? Disconnect the screen, wait, reconnect, (reboot) ??? I'll try anything. A new screen is $799.00 Seems a bit abusive...

Should be able to config wiz online, once a unit is registered.... Yes?

Problem solved.... Thanks to dmann33 . Hayward Omnilogic touch screen problem

Saved me $799.00

Awesome Site we have. Thanks to all for sharing info.

Carl

dmann33

0​

In The Industry
May 8, 201423Georgia
I just wanted to update for anyone who find this thread and has version 3.2 or later. Hayward has removed the "Shell Command" option and this procedure will no longer work to recalibrate the screen. Now, you only need to touch the center of your screen for 10 seconds during boot up. You will get a screen with "???" then when you let off the calibration starts (pressing squares around the screen). It will then reboot with new calibration. This is actually brilliant as some of us had such bad calibration that we could not navigate the menu to initiate it.

CPO (15 years) 23K freeform Aqua Blue Mini, Omnilogic, Echostar, Colorlogic (2x12v), Jandy Laminars, Polaris 280, Dolphin M4

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.