Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
hello,
i bought a heater this year, and want to install myself.
since I had to make a pad for the heater, i made a giant pad in lieu and plan to build a pool shed.
I'd really like to move my noisy pump into the pool shed.

my questions are: there is a copper bonding wire on the pump now that goes back to my control panel. I believe this wire is bonded to the pool frame underground.
If I move my pump, i will have to disconnect this wire, and it is not long enough to use as is, without "extending" it. Can i just splice a similar heave gauge stranded copper wire into the existing one with a nice tight twist to create a continuity bond? I am thinking yes, most because I see the heater has to be bonded too, and in that case I'd have to splice in a new wire.

also, has anyone ever moved their own stuff? i have lots of parts to do it (some jandy multi ports, lots of couplers, elbows and reducers. i am pretty comfortable with plumbing, what I am not sure about is the whole electrical bonding. i believe it is not only a ground, but has to do with ionization and corrosion of metals?

any insights appreciated. i will not be putting the heater in the shed... just the pump. and maybe the sand filter. (not sure about the latter quite yet).

Bonding wire is solid copper wire and should be #6 since you are in Canada. If you need to splice a new peice in use a split bolt connector. Your heater should be connected to the bonding wire as well.

2speed and variable speed pumps are much quieter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.