Mottling in new pool

TerryV

Mar 12, 2019
Naples Florida
My pool was refinished and filled one week ago.It is sky blue exposed aggregate.It started to develop light colored mottling almost immediately.
From reading the forum I understand that this is most likely a plaster problem and not directly caused by chemistry.
My question is can I do anything to stop or slow down the mottling process, as I understand it it usually gets worse over time. I am in the process of purchasing the good Taylor test kit .I'm the mean time here are the numbers I can provide
Chlorine 6
PH 7.6
Alkalinity 50
Acid demand ..low

Terry, those test results kind of mean nothing to me (well, the pH and TA are good) because you NEED a good test kit. Is your FC high or low- can't tell without knowing what your CYA is? See, they work together in the sense that your desired FC number is based on how much CYA you have in the pool. See this--> Trouble Free Pool

Are you brushing your new finish?? DAILY?? This will help a lot.

Test kit info--> Trouble Free Pool

Maddie :flower:

As Oly above mentions, the C version has larger bottles. The C stands for commercial (like pool "professionals").

Have you looked at the TF-100 test kit? It is a test kit available from tftestkits.net? It is cheaper ($70) and uses the same Taylor reagents/tests as the 2006, but it is sized and packaged better for use at home...It has larger bottles of the tests that are used more often. I prefer the TF-100 - and I have a few different test kits...

The TF-100 is actually the best buy of the trio. The K-2006C is almost equivalent to the TF-100, but the TF-100 has more of the reagents you *need the most* and use the most. Taylor reagents are used in both kits.

The TF-100 is $70 at PoolSupplyWarehouse or directly from tftestkits.net

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.