New pool start up question

Pghgator

Jan 23, 2024
Florida
Question concerning initially filling the pool by hose or can I get a water truck with ph balanced water? Builder is insisting I fill by hose and I do not understand why. Pool finish will be pebbletec. Builder claims using a truck will damage finish due to pressure of hose and pipes in the pool and he has to acid wash which makes no sense. I disagree and would Never allow high pressure on new aggregate and at very least difuse it at the beginning until a certain level. I think it’s because he does not have the time to come and do initial start up for the week and just an excuse. Is he correct or can I just fill and get process started.

Question concerning initially filling the pool by hose or can I get a water truck with ph balanced water? Builder is insisting I fill by hose and I do not understand why. Pool finish will be pebbletec. Builder claims using a truck will damage finish due to pressure of hose and pipes in the pool and he has to acid wash which makes no sense. I disagree and would Never allow high pressure on new aggregate and at very least difuse it at the beginning until a certain level. I think it’s because he does not have the time to come and do initial start up for the week and just an excuse. Is he correct or can I just fill and get process started.
It’s 6 of one or half dozen of the other. The pH of full truck water ain’t going to be stable once it gets in the pool. It’s generally better to get water in it ASAP after it’s cured the proper amount.

If your hose water has excessively high iron it might be better to have water trucked in which has iron filtered out, but you should be careful to avoid blasting the new surface with high pressure water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.