Mini Pebble vs. quartz? Worried about Mini pebble being too rough.... help!!

Sep 26, 2012
I am replastering my quartz pool which I loved the smooth surface.. but it did have mottling that I did not love. I feel its more sensitive to water balance issues and acid etc. Shows more wear etc. I had decided to change it up and upgrade this time to mini pebble tropics blue so we could go little darker and have easier to maintain surface and super beautiful surface.. but my friend just got pebble sheen pool and says it tears up her and her sons feet!!!

That is why I went with quartz first time, that and money. I really don't want to hate swimming in my pool... looking for advice here!

Help!

Go try your friends pool and see if you like the feel of pebble sheen. It is a personal preference.

Each surface type has it's tradeoffs. Pebble hides a lot of plaster flaws.

Lots of information here on how to get a quality plaster job - Plaster Installation and Maintenance - Further Reading

Last edited:
Go try your friends pool and see if you like the feel of pebble sheen. It is a personal preference.

Each surface type has it's tradeoffs. Pebble hides a lot fo plaster flaws.

Lots of information here on how to get a quality plaster job - Plaster Installation and Maintenance - Further Reading
I plan to! I was just in my other friends pool that has regular pebble tec.. I was in for few hours.... and it was ok.. I would never do regular pebble.. I really wanted the mini for exactly what you said, hides flaws... longevity etc. Her pool looks so nice after 6 years!

I debated it also since it’s suppose to last longer. But the Plaster guy brought us a sample and my wife said NO way. She has sensitive feet also.
I have country boy feet, I stay barefooted :)
I hear ya.. I know that I prefer the quartz for just the feel... but pebble has other things I like . trying to figure out if I can stand the trade offs... thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.