Messed up

Well, I didn't pass again. Frustrating. FC dropped by two (17-15). I'm hoping it was my error in testing. Sometimes I wonder if I look at the 10ml line correctly since there are times I cannot see the concave (or whatever it is called). Well, today I will continue, though I will be gone most of the afternoon at a Texas Rangers game.

In the SLAM directions there was no mention of testing the other components. I did test CYA this morning after backwashing and refill. CYA today is 30. I did the test several times. Also tested pH and it is way high (color doesn't match the test kit). Should I put muriatic acid in today? Would like to swim later tonight (after the game) but not sure if we should with pH bein so high?

Too bad on the OCLT! Have you checked every light niche, ladder, weir, etc. for hiding places?

pH reads falsely high at elevated FC levels so don't add the MA.

Enjoy the game!
I guess I could get in and scrub around lights, returns and the stone? At least I'll be in the pool [emoji1] We will be hot after the game anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Had fun at the game. 3rd year in a row to see the Rangers and Red Sox play. Husband is originally from Massachusetts, though we all wore Rangers

Got home and decided we would finally get in the pool and I went to work scrubbing the places my brush doesn't get. Lots of stuff came off the rocks in the waterfall. I didn't even think about scrubbing that area. Not sure if I got everything, but hope it was scrubbed good enough...even sacrificed a toothbrush. I don't expect to pass a test tonight.

Once I said we could swim tonight, my son took no time in taking the plunge.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I used a hand brush as well to scrub the larger boulders, but used the toothbrush to scrub the places the hand brush couldn't get. There were even places where the toothbrush couldn't go.

I also got into the spa and hand brushed the harder to reach places and the returns. I hadn't run the spa mode either, so all the returns hadn't been run through with higher levels of chlorine.

Hope I thought of everything.

Running spa mode will help a ton! Wish we had suggested that earlier... Who knew?

I have a slide that is often not used for weeks. The pool is mostly used by old farts who don't crave the slide... we just float and drink, and drink and float.

I have to remember to run water through the slide at least once a week to let chlorine-rich water clean out the lines.

Dollars to donuts, one (or more) of the things you did today will take care of your issues. Maybe not tonight, but very soon!!!

You can also bet a bottle brush and see if that will help get in the little spots. Mix up a spray bottle of 50/50 bleach water to spray in the little areas as well. Rinse well afterwards.

I would run the spa about 10 mins each day just to run the FC rich water through the pipes to make sure everything is clean.

Love the smile of being able to be in the pool!

Kim:cat:

Exactly 7 days from starting my SLAM and it passed!! I will do one more night so I can feel a little more confident. This accomplishment feels good! [emoji4]

If tomorrow I get the same results, what is the next step?

Also, I received the corrected shipment of boric acid from Duda Deisel. I checked the bucket and packing label and both match...Granular Boric Acid. So that is ready whenever I get the green light. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I'll need to work on cooling the water too. It's like a bath. This screen shot is from yesterday. Today, the water is already 93, according to the pump anyway. I don't think the temperature was 114 yesterday, as iAqualink showed.

- - - Updated - - -

How can I make that smaller?

Finally able to get home and test my water.

FC - 2.5
CC - 0.5
pH - 8.2
TA - 330 (pink, should it be red? if so higher - 340-350)
CH - 225
CYA - 30 (not tested in the sunlight)

After reading Pool School, pool math log and other posts, this is what I think I should do: lower pH (muriatic acid) and aerate. I've been aerating (running my water features during my SLAM), so I think TA is high because pH is high? Lowering the pH to 7.0-7.2 will help bring TA down faster? Monitor pH and keep it lower?

Please let me know.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.