Maytronics iO cleaner

You can try calling Marina Pool and Spa in Denver. But this may be so new that most dealers do not have them yet.

Meh ?

I’m very weary of anything “cloud connected”....you know what I need my robot to do??? Clean the pool! You know what I need my robot to NOT do?? Not run because it can’t find “the cloud”.....you want a feature suggestion??? How about Dolphin develops a simple protocol adapter/power supply that can be wired into any of the major automation systems so I can control my robot with the thousands of dollars worth of hardware I already own!!

I’m going to play with my pneumatic nail gun now...the one connected to my air-compressor NOT “the cloud”....

Last edited:
Meh ?

I’m very weary of anything “cloud connected”....you know what I need my robot to do??? Clean the pool! You know what I need my robot to NOT do?? Not run because it can’t find “the cloud”.....you want a feature suggestion??? How about Dolphin develops a simple protocol adapter/power supply that can be wired into any of the major automation systems so I can control my robot with the thousands of dollars worth of hardware I already own!!

I’m going to play with my pneumatic nail gun now...the one connected to my air-compressor NOT “the cloud”....

:oops: Wow, someone’s having an anti-tech day.
Did you nail your shirt to the floor again while using your non-cloud based pneumatic nail gun? :pth:

• Haha
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Hi Guys - it's Margaret at Marina Pool and Spa

This new product line, the IO3, was actually introduced at an international technology show last November. Maytronics was planning on a soft launch of the product in late 2020, however, it is possible this will be delayed until the 2021 season. There is a video on YouTube of the IO3 platform and I have included a hyperlink for the video below.

The M600 is the predecessor to the IO3 platform and it has many similarities. The M600 processes 5,000 gallons of water an hour, it has a similar low profile platform to the IO3, creating more suction. The M600 has a similar filtration system, drive system and brushes. It is always connected with wi-fi and even has the “pick up mode.” What it does not have yet is the mapping system that the IO3 will have. The IO3 mapping system will be completely different and be more advanced, similar to GPS technology.

Here is the hyperlink to the IO3 video that is available online:

Last edited by a moderator:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
:oops: Wow, someone’s having an anti-tech day.
Did you nail your shirt to the floor again while using your non-cloud based pneumatic nail gun? :pth:
I have eight electric outlets controlled by schedules and Amazon Echo's Alexa. "Alexa, turn on the entry lamps." "Alexa, turn off the bedroom lamps." And so on. If I don't say anything, they all have multiple scheduled off/on times, different on different days. I recently discovered that the outlets depend on the cloud. In this case, as it turns out, the particular cloud in use here is in China. The U.S. gets crosswise with China and the Communist Chinese bosses tell everyone in China, "Turn off lights in America" or the Chinese company's servers go down due to a Microsoft OS update. I'd like to know that at least in such a case, I can still clean my house and pool. :) I had my own I.T. consulting business for nearly 18 years. I have tape over all my phone and computer web cams.

Reactions: Tena and Oly
Hi Guys - it's Margaret at Marina Pool and Spa

This new product line, the IO3, was actually introduced at an international technology show last November. Maytronics was planning on a soft launch of the product in late 2020, however, it is possible this will be delayed until the 2021 season. There is a video on YouTube of the IO3 platform and I have included a hyperlink for the video below.

The M600 is the predecessor to the IO3 platform and it has many similarities. The M600 processes 5,000 gallons of water an hour, it has a similar low profile platform to the IO3, creating more suction. The M600 has a similar filtration system, drive system and brushes. It is always connected with wi-fi and even has the “pick up mode.” What it does not have yet is the mapping system that the IO3 will have. The IO3 mapping system will be completely different and be more advanced, similar to GPS technology.

Here is the hyperlink to the IO3 video that is available online:

Let me know if you are interested in the M600! 303-985-0077

Ok. The lady on that video executed a very dangerous dive into the pool from the side that has the least amount of room and into a deep end that didn’t look deep enough per code....Dolphin should be ashamed of itself!

On the other hand, that robot looks really neat. I’m guessing the price is going to start somewhere north of $1,500 .... ???

Ok. The lady on that video executed a very dangerous dive into the pool from the side that has the least amount of room and into a deep end that didn’t look deep enough per code....Dolphin should be ashamed of itself!

On the other hand, that robot looks really neat. I’m guessing the price is going to start somewhere north of $1,500 .... ???
Is this Matt or Dirk?

What has the CBD done to you???

• Haha
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Is this Matt or Dirk?

What has the CBD done to you???

The distillation still broke down last night....apparently the dollar-store duck tape I used wasn't sufficient....I'm going to have to get the Flex-Seal guy to get me some free samples ...

Meh ?

You are unfortunately correct.

I have been using the M600 for a few days now and even wrote a positive review when I first gave it a try.

Now that I have had some time to use it in real world scenarios as in, we are having the softball team over after the game, the pool cleaner is in the pool and I want to quickly use the " pick me up " function as people are walking into the back yard ready to jump on the pool.... and it doesn't work. After multiple attempt's I end up pulling the chord and taking it out the old fashioned way.

The M600 is 100% app based as in there is no way of selecting anything on the control unit and as of right now the app not work. I am using android and ios.

I have emailed Mytronics and made a video documenting all the issues including simple communication issues between the app and the robot. No reply from Maytronics.

It is very unfortunate to say the least.

While the App seems cool so far the reality is it doesn't work and a lot of the functions they advertised in their promo videos are either non existent or don't work.

I am hoping this is just the newness of the unit and they plan lots of the OTA updates to get this right. Otherwise it would be really disappointing. The pick me up feature is one I really like because I just thing I am damaging mine every time I drag it back to where I am.

BTW. How does it know to come up where the caddy is?

I am hoping this is just the newness of the unit and they plan lots of the OTA updates to get this right. Otherwise it would be really disappointing. The pick me up feature is one I really like because I just thing I am damaging mine every time I drag it back to where I am.

BTW. How does it know to come up where the caddy is?

Same here, even when I pull the chord gently I still feel like it's not good for it long term.

It has no idea where the caddy is. It will just come up the side of the wall where ever it can. It's completley random. If you are lucky and it's one of the random times it actually works.

You would have to use the manual mode I guess to get it to come to where you are.

But manual mode has the same problem. It has to do a 1min diagnostic each time you select that tab on the app, even if you hit this by accident. And then it may or may not work the first time, or 2nd, or 3rd.

If they don't correct the problems I'm thinking they have some major issues as in law suit as they are missing major features they used in all of their advertisement/ promo video.

I don't know how they could release something that does not work. They don't have people testing these things in real world situations.

The AQUAVAC 650 was the same thing. They released a cleaner that doesn't pick up fine dirt and sand at all. A few days in a real pool owners hands for testing would have told them this before they released it to the public.

You can watch the video I made to highlight a few of the issues with the M600 app. Not in the video is the app fails to open at all ( some times) I just get a white screen and have to force close/ repeat multiple times until it finally decides to work.

Last edited:
I'll stay pretty much out of the debate but joyfulnoise is asking the right question.......can it clean the pool?

In the video I noticed after it did that slick mapping, they quickly cut away when it approached that ledge on either side or the steps. I have yet to see any cleaner that ALWAYS handles those obstacles correctly.....this one seems no better.

Now to the mapping. I can't figure out how it always knows where it is. When it falls over backwards going up the steps or over that ledge, how does it re-orient itself?

I am a HUGE fan of robots but I would rather pay for real cleaning power like the commercial models than tech gadgets that seem ineffective to me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.