Mastertemp 400 pressure switch

pinch52

Nov 21, 2014
Houston, TX
Hi all,
Tried to fire up the heater and got an ERR PS message on the lcd screen. Backwashed the filter and that solved the problem, heater fired up. However, it got me thinking about the heater pressure switch. It’s roughly 13 years old and I’m trying to determine whether it’s still functioning properly or if it needs to adjusted/replaced. Thanks, as always for the replies.

Attachments

• EEECECC4-9752-4B74-A4E7-170D9BF514EF.jpeg
    EEECECC4-9752-4B74-A4E7-170D9BF514EF.jpeg
    414 KB · Views: 5
Hi all,
Tried to fire up the heater and got an ERR PS message on the lcd screen. Backwashed the filter and that solved the problem, heater fired up. However, it got me thinking about the heater pressure switch. It’s roughly 13 years old and I’m trying to determine whether it’s still functioning properly or if it needs to adjusted/replaced. Thanks, as always for the replies.
It did its job, didn't allow the heater to fire because of too little waterflow, this time because of a dirty filter. Easy and inexpensive replacement if you want to do it. You do not have to get an OEM for the outrageous price Pentair charges. This Tecmark (who probably made the one in the Pentair package) for $20.00 will work.

If I were to get a new one, does it come factory adjusted or is there a process for getting the new one set up?
You won't need to make any adjustments unless you heater is very far below the pool. Unless your switch was adjusted when the heater was new, nothing needs to be done, they all come with the same 3lb setting from the factory.
The manual says this:
For deck-level heater installations, the Pressure Switch is factory-set at 3 psi. If the pool water level is 1-2 feet below or 1-5 feet above the Pressure Switch level, reset the switch so that it is open when the pump is off and closed when the pump is running.

Most heaters have their pressure switch at least 1' above the water level with no adjustment needed.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.