Mastertemp 400 not turning on

Usnpike

Jun 23, 2022
Viera, FL
My Mastertemp 400 will not turn on. I followed the troubleshooting path in the manual to get the heater on by jumpering the fireman switch. So assuming the problem is not with the heater. I've checked wire continuity back to J19 on the EasyTouch mother board and the wires are good. There is no change in resistance or voltage when attempting to turn the spa on when testing the connections at the fireman switch that come from J19. The system recognizes the shift to spa mode as the valves reposition like they should.
Couple questions:
Is the relay for the heater K5, which is next to J19?
How do you test the relay?
Anything else to test?
On another thread it talked about a relay driver chip U4, where is U4?

Ryan

The relay on the easytouch is a dry relay it just opens or closes the loop. You can check the continuity of the dry relay to see if it’s closing. Are you sure your there is demand for heat and your desired temp temp is above current temp? Menu>heat>source>heater the heater should be maxed out the easytouch temp sensor will control the signal to open or close dry relay.

Reactions: Usnpike
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.