Maintaining proper water chemistry

Apr 28, 2017
Melbourne, FL
I reside in central Florida and have a in-ground pool. Has a cartridge filter and chlorinator. i usually just treat the water with liquid chlorine and chlorine tablet. Occasionally add some acid. My question is, should I also be adding any other chemicals to the water other than the ones I mentioned in order to have clear, sanitary water? How does everyone else maintain their water chemistry? TIA.

Without your own proper test kit and accurate pool water chemistry results, we can not provide any specific guidance.

If properly managed, your pool should never have any form of algae.

I strongly recommend you get your own test kit and break the reliance on the pool store. You will have a much more pleasant pool experience and save lots of money.

The foundation of the TFP method starts with a quality test kit and the pool owners ability to accurately test the pool and fill water as needed. Invest in your pool, get a quality test kit, learn to use it and enjoy the benefits of balanced pool water. Test Kits Compared :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.