CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi everyone, I looked through the forums and online but couldn't find much info and I was hoping you could help. I have 4 pentair magicstream laminars in my salt water pool and 3 of the 4 have LED lights that seem to have stopped working. The laminars still work great, but the LED lights no longer work. Is there any way to repair the laminars or swap out parts to fix them? I mentioned it to a pool company but they didnt really want to be involved, saying it would be over $1k each and that they would have to rip them out and replace everything including the wiring and that it was not really worth it (they didnt even look at them). In the one post I was able to find online I found someone saying that they got a replacement orifice kit and that fixed their light but I couldnt find much info on what that does, seem like that only controls the bubbles in the stream to make the light brighter. Anyway, any help would be appreciated, seems a bit crazy to replace each laminar when only the LED seems to be faulty (in some it's completely dead, in others it seems to be dead sometimes but then works for a few minutes before dying again)

I don't know about the magic streams in particular but I do often see various replacement pentair led boards for sale on the auction site.

Usually these things die when moisture gets in (inevitable i think) or the LED driver overheats and burns out... not sure what shape your board is in - or what your electronics skill level is - but you might be able to repair it.

Wish I had more info... maybe somebody else has some?

Tom

I couldn't find a photo of the LED board online... post one if it's convenient. For most "dead" LED lights I've seen the LEDs themselves are fine but some supporting circuitry (power supply, driver, etc) is dead.

Is been over 3 years but has anyone found a good way to repair these? I have 4 laminars that have been in service for barely ove a year, and one light is out entirely and on one, only the green led has failed.... $1060 for the whole laminar assembly and housing, $810 for the "led light engine" kind of a joke. I can't believe I only got like 10 months of actual pool season out of these....

Is been over 3 years but has anyone found a good way to repair these? I have 4 laminars that have been in service for barely ove a year, and one light is out entirely and on one, only the green led has failed.... $1060 for the whole laminar assembly and housing, $810 for the "led light engine" kind of a joke. I can't believe I only got like 10 months of actual pool season out of these....
I just had one of my lights go out. Did you ever get them fixed? I'm also in St George.

I just had one of my lights go out. Did you ever get them fixed? I'm also in St George.
Just replying to say I am glad I found the information in the thread, it was helpful to the extent that I am going to live with having 1 of my 4 laminar lights not work.

Got them in my 2016 pool build and one went out a couple years ago and finally today I decided to pull the laminar manual and laminar itself out and see if it is repairable. Sounds like it is not, and certainly not a DIY for me, and cost wise it would be insane to fix to have the light work.

The one thing I am still wondering though is whether there could be some kind of fuse that may have blown for that one laminar and if so, where would that be? My four laminars were run independently of each other so I was able to make each laminar it’s own color or pattern. When I turn the laminar light on I have to individual turn the light on for each laminar.

Maybe something just tripped for the one light that is no longer working?

@Lawtyger how is you bad light behaving? I mean, does it not turn on at all or does it only light up in red (or some other single color)?

I've tried repairing the intellibrite boards with very limited success because the heavy copper back-plate (the heat sink) makes it impossible (for me) to solder

The light does not turn on at all. Honestly, got used to it not working and during a couple days off due to Hurricane Idalia start looking for things to do and thought About trying to fix it. Sounds a bit more complicated than it’s worth to me.

Reactions: ogdento

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The light does not turn on at all. Honestly, got used to it not working and during a couple days off due to Hurricane Idalia start looking for things to do and thought About trying to fix it. Sounds a bit more complicated than it’s worth to me.
I am having the same problem with no help from Pentair- I have 4 Laminars and one is lighting up red only and the 3 others are not working at all-The replacement part number Pentair gave me is 590021-The cheapest I can find is $800-That is crazy money-Does anyone know if you can just buy the led light or do you have to buy the whole assembly?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.