Jamison, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Got a lot of rain last night and water line is above the skimmer. It’s a real pain to drag the submersible pump and hose through the mud and set that all up. My buddy who has a pool says I can just hook up a hose to a spigot after the pump and while it’s running it will drain. So far it’s working fine but just wanna be sure I’m getting good advice. Should I be concerned about anything here?

5487648B-BE32-4803-BAAE-7D1AF8C22DEC.jpeg
4A8344ED-769C-4765-B634-0E073906C5A9.jpeg

Just make sure that you don't let the water level get below the skimmer. Not something that you'd do on purpose, but I could see it happening if you forgot the drain was on.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks, Jim. I took @proavia's advice and set an alarm on my phone for 20 mins. I'll just keep checking every 20 mins. And you're 100% right. All it takes is a work call to distract me from remembering to check and forgetting about it. Don't want that to happen.

Would using the Egg Timer function on the pump be a prudent use of?
Just made me think of something. I have a digital timer water like the one below. I could hook that up and just open it in 30 min increments. In other words hit the manual button which will open the valve for 30 mins I think. Just keep doing it every 30 mins until water level in pool is good to go.

1650381601194.png

Just made me think of something. I have a digital timer water like the one below. I could hook that up and just open it in 30 min increments. In other words hit the manual button which will open the valve for 30 mins I think. Just keep doing it every 30 mins until water level in pool is good to go.

View attachment 402664
Sorry, I didn't look close enough at your pump and mispoke about using the timer function. You don't have pump equipped control. Yes, a timer like that would work. I would also set some phone alarm ahead of it till you develop a drain rate. Heck, I have to do that with the stove sometimes :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.