Lower pH only with new SWG

Tjaltz

Oct 7, 2018
SC
Hello all. I recently converted my pool from treating with trichlor tablets to converting to salt and a SWG. My latest numbers are posted below. I know my FC is high, I’m still making adjustments to my SWG. My pH is between 7.8 and 8.0 and I would like to lower it a little without having too much effect on my TA and CA. Is muriatic acid the best way to to reduce pH. Is there another method that won’t throw off my other numbers.
FC = 7.0
PH = 7.8 (could even be 8.0)
TA = 70
CH = 160
CYA = 80
Salt = 3800
Temp = 79
CSI = -0.50
Many thanks to the administrators and members of this forum. This being my first pool, it has been extremely helpful.

Acid will not lower your Calcium level. Adjusting your pH a small amount will not largely affect your TA, but with an SWG you may find that allowing your TA to drop down to 60 or even as low as 50 will allow the pH the remain more stable. While trichlor tablets are acidic and need a higher TA to keep the pH stable, SWG aerates the water as it works and this requires a lower TA to prevent it from driving the pH up regularly.

Guys I’m looking at that csi and it’s already pretty negative. If they lower the ph anymore it will really be negative?

Plaster pool? Or vinyl. Wasn’t sure I’m on mobile right now. I’m thinking vinyl since ch is so low? That was the one thing that jumped out to me.

You can add and retest in an hour. I just added 13 oz to take me from 7.9 to 7.6. I’ll retest before I go to bed tonight and take it from there.

I also just up the speed of my pump for an hour whenever I add chemicals.

Jimi

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.