Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Good morning, fellow pool people!! ? It is supposed to be in the low 90s today so I’m about to try to get my water perfect for probably one of my last days of floating and swimming. My TA is currently 60 and I want to increase to 80 (PoolMath app has this set as my goal). I understand this would take 2 lbs of baking soda. No big deal. But when testing my water this morning, my pH is right between 7.5 and 7.8. I know these are acceptable but I typically like to keep it at 7.4.

Anyways, my question is should I add the baking soda first and run the pump a couple hours then add the recommended amount of pH down and keep running the pump another couple hours before swimming? I don’t know which one to add first or if it even matters, lol. Here are my numbers when I tested this morning with my TF-100 kit:

FC: 5.5 ppm
CC: 0.0
pH: as mentioned, between 7.5 and 7.8.
TA: 60
CH: 75
CYA: 50
Water Temperature: 77 degrees

I’d like to get this done early this morning before the temperatures shoot up and water temperature rises. My water is crystal clear and beautiful so no issues there. Thanks in advance!!! :)

- The OCD “Float Queen”

Last edited:
DISREGARD!! I apparently miscounted my drops while testing for TA. It is within the right range for a manually chlorinated pool. Now time to decrease the pH a little and I’m good to go! Sorry for my novel!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.