Low speed pumps versus cleaning

Double-check the Schedules on your EasyTouch. You may inadvertently have it programmed to slow down.
It doesn't literally slow down in terms of RPMs. It slows down in terms of GPM which in turn slows it down so the IC40 doesn't work anymore.

In either case, I double checked the circuit and it is always on pool, and pool always is at 1610RPM.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the valve configuration.
View attachment 85573
View attachment 85574

I even disconnected the filter from port and water does indeed go into inlet.

I no doubt have algae. But that is the catch-22 - my system runs fine at 1610RPM with the IC40 producing. Then at some point the system "slows down" and no longer works at the 1610RPM. Between the time I catch the IC40 not operating and bumping up the RPM to get the IC40 I will have an algae bloom. So I'm sure I fail the OCLT at this very time. Once I clean the filters and the IC40 starts working at 1610RPM everything passes the tests/levels fine.

FYI: Back in March my pool turned into a swamp due to stuff quit working. Then when I installed all new equipment I shocked the pool on a spectacular level to ensure that everything was killed off, drained, then refilled (the CYA was off the TF100's capability, which is why I refilled).
Figured I should clarify the pictures.

Pump > flow meter > center port on the valve > filter > left port on valve.

EDIT: looks like my pictures never attached. I'll have to go back and edit them in when I am on the PC that has the pictures.

I've attached the images twice and they are viewable when I preview thereafter, they don't seem like it. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Does it pass the other two criteria? Did you test CC this am? Is water crystal clear?

Does it pass the other two criteria? Did you test CC this am? Is water crystal clear?
I am not sure I follow. I performed the OCLT test last night as per Overnight Chlorine Loss Test and had 1ppm loss (3ppm last night, 2ppm this morning)

What are the other tests?

I'm not sure how to tell if the water is clear as I have a brown pebble-tec and it is monsoon season here so it is always dusty/murky. My S200 regularly picks up what looks like mud due to all the dust it picks up.

CC of 0.5 ppm or less and crystal clear water. We get monsoons too and the water does not stay dirty. It clears up pretty quickly with a bit of circulation and a robot run.

If your water is cloudy, you most likely need to SLAM Process

I don't see those specifics on the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test page. I see <1ppm as a pass - no other criteria. So if <0.5ppm is passing then yes mine fails. As for cloudy or not, it is as clear as I've ever seen it, which may or may not be clear. The previous equipment was in grave disrepair so that was never clear. Then I upgraded everything and have been trying to find a happy medium in the middle of the monsoon season.

I went ahead and took the filter apart for inspection and troubleshooting and just to clean and get a baseline. These are my findings.

Filter clean, no DE:
Pool Mode @ 1610rpm, 0psi on filter, 40gpm
Spa Mode @2500rpm, 9psi on filter, 60gpm

Filter charged with DE:

One finding I did have is that the pool pump basket had quite a bit of debris in it. I'm a little surprised by this since I no longer use my side port cleaner (due to using the S200) and the main drain is more-or-less disabled at the skimmer.

Also, the filter pleats looked much cleaner than previous cleanings... possibly even not as much DE as I had expected. So I'd say that the filter was OK and that the main recent drop was more because of the pool basket than the filter being dirty.

I'll do another OCLT when I am back from vacation and/or SLAM to see if my results/clarity improve.

Thanks.

The three criteria for a successful SLAM are detailed in the SLAM Process article.

You are done when:

CC is 0.5 or lower;
You pass an OCLT (ie overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
And the water is clear. TFP Clear in North Dallas - there is water in there

When all three are true, you are done SLAMing and can allow the FC to drift down to normal levels.

Filter clean, no DE:

Filter charged with DE:

Readings for 10NOV18:
For comparison...

Charged with DE:
Pool mode @1610rpm, 0 psi on filter, 38-39gpm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.