FC 5
CC < 0.5
CYA 40
ph 7.5
TA 80
CH 210
Bor 50
Salt 3000

Do I still need to raise the CYA to the 70-80 range (recommended for SWG pools) if I am able to keep FC in the recommended range (5-7)? I have a salt-cell for a 40000 gallon pool (Pentair IC40) running at 35% but my pool is only 15000 gallons which I believe is why I am able to get away with this. I also have a very oversized DE filter (FNS Plus 60) so water is getting turned over about 3-4 times a day in summer. My water is crystal clear and I've not had algae since joining this site and using the pool school methods. Pool is full sun in the summer, part sun in winter and I circulate the pump as long as the sun is on the water (~11h in summer 6h in winter).

Thanks, Alex

BTW - this site is fantastic and has saved me many many dollars.

You can maintain the lower CYA if you wish. It will deplete your SWCG quicker and you will have to buy a new one. But that is your choice.

Be sure you test your FC right before the SWCG starts for the day. That should be your lowest FC in the pool. Be sure that number stays within target based on [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA].

Take care.

I keep my CYA a skosh lower as I have an autocover.

You're still in early spring, even in Texas. You may find you'll need to increase that CYA a bit once dead hot summer arrives. Your testing will tell the story if your FC loss is higher than expected (2 or so ppm/day) with no other explanation (kids pee, party etc).

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.