Low chlorine output Pureline 60k

How are you measuring that?

Do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test with your SWG off.
The Pool has been burning 5.5 FC per day

Running the SWG for 9 hours FC went from 10 to 9
Ran the SWG at night for 2 hours checking before and after.

OCLT passes I did that the night before turning the SWG on

According to specs, this SWG can produce 3.18 LB of chlorine per day, so for a pool your size running at 100% = 1.2ppm/hr addition, and running at 50% should add .6 ppm/hr to your pool.

Since you did not say at what % you are running, or your other test readings especially CYA value, it's difficult to determine if you are indeed producing the proper amount of chlorine.

To do a proper test for chlorine production, you must first pass an overnight chlorine loss test to confirm no algae is in the pool, then do an overnight production test so that there is no loss due to UV light.

For the production test, after the sun is down take a chlorine reading, and note the time. Run the pump and SWG at 100% over night and in the morning before the sun comes up, perform another chlorine test. This will give you an indication of the total ppm added to the pool, divide the ppm added by the number of hours, this will give you your chlorine production. In the perfect world, it should be 1.2 ppm per hour, but most manufactures run their verification test in controlled conditions and get higher number than we do in the real world,,,,, kind of like mpg rating on the window stickers of a new car, I've never gotten rated mpg either.

Raise your CYA to 70.
Dose FC using liquid chlorine to the high side of the target range for your CYA.
FC/CYA Levels
Since you have a SWG that you are trying to dial in, use the SWG option of the chart.

For CYA 70 and using a SWG
Minimum 3
Target 5-10

Add enough stabilizer to raise the CYA to 70 using PoolMath and the sock method.
Once the stabilizer is dissolving in the pool, consider that it's already dissolved.
Dose with liquid to 10.
Tweak the SWG to maintain FC within target range.
Measure the CYA level a few days after all the stabilizer is dissolved.

Last edited:
My 1/2 FC per hour was done with a 2 hour test at night at 100% output

3800 salt level
082 water temp
21.4 cell voltage
6.02 cell amperage
100p desired output %
4100 instant salinity
al=-6 product name
r662 software revision
h-15 cell type
E000 salt calibration
--EE end of loop

Run a longer night time test but your diagnostics say the cell is generating chlorine.

Many cell manufacturers are optimistic on their performance claims.

100% output
50 CYA
Overnight FC loss passes
With the lower than recomended CYA, you are losing a lot of chlorine to UV light.

Since you passed the overnight chlorine loss test, and you question the chlorine production. The only true way to test production without having losses to UV light is to perform the overnight production test.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Appears to be about 50% of expected gain.

Might want to order a K1106 phosphate kit. The company will ask about that if you file a warranty claim.

Reactions: drsipe
Taylor 1766 shows 3200
When installed the Pureline showed 3200 also.
Now its showing 3800 salt level and 4100 instant salinity while running.

inyopools tech support is having me change water to lower instant salinity.

(you need some water dilution to try and get the number between 2500-3500. The cell will have a very hard time functioning if its outside of those parameters)

I drained and replaced water to bring the instant salinity to 3200 and went on vacation.
Running the pump 15 hours a day with the swg at 100%

Got back tonight and my FC is at 4.5 and instant salinity is 4000
When I left my CYA was at 70.

Last night I turned the SWG off and used LC.
Pool passed the OCLT test this morning.
Draining enough water to lower my instant salinity and install the Hayward wide mouth skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.