Love this site, best pool advice... Please bring back the FC/CYA chart with shock numbers. The calculator is lovely but I prefer the table, both?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is it possible to have the charts put back onto the main pages, in addition to the calculator?
It's not my call Wayner, but I'm still torn about it. The calculator is better for the overwhelming majority of newbs and/or those passing though. They outnumber us greatly and the calculator is better for the many. Just this second there are 124 members and 1424 guests surfing. If the charts are visible there, nobody will use the calculator and the ones who need it most won't inherently understand the charts like we do.

Copy/screenshot these so you have them and you won't even have to login to see them. Just pull up your pics on your phone. If you think it through, it's easier than pulling out you phone, loggin in, searching for the FC/CYA page and then pulling it up. :)

Screenshot_20230327_210207_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230327_210134_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230304_131304_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: crabhat and PieterS
It's not my call Wayner, but I'm still torn about it. The calculator is better for the overwhelming majority of newbs and/or those passing though. They outnumber us greatly and the calculator is better for the many. Just this second there are 124 members and 1424 guests surfing. If the charts are visible there, nobody will use the calculator and the ones who need it most won't inherently understand the charts like we do.

Copy/screenshot these so you have them and you won't even have to login to see them. Just pull up your pics on your phone. If you think it through, it's easier than pulling out you phone, loggin in, searching for the FC/CYA page and then pulling it up. :)

View attachment 496085

View attachment 496086

View attachment 496087
I disagree. If not for those charts I would not have been as successful. I was a newbie pool owner had zero idea how Cya related to Fc. The chart drives understanding not do this do that. Just
My humble opinion.

This place has been great to me and I thank the members for sharing their knowledge

Charts way better. A quick, simple glance gives you everything you need to know. Pool calculator is time consuming, especially if somebody knows the basics.
Lower PH before a shock (7.2 if going to really high)
Ensure alkalinity in range
Apply chlorine per CYA chart.

Takes a 3 second glance for people that know the basics.

Reactions: kimkats and wayner