Nazareth/PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hayward super pump, single speed. On the suction side it is manifolded to spa return (2"), pool floor return and skimmer returns, both 1.5"
I have a LOT of air coming into the strainer basket. Its loud and churning. If I move the Jandy valves around, it seem to be worse when pulling from the spa return by itself. But I can never get it to be free of air completely. Not sure if those valves truly seal off 100%. I want to scope the spa return line for a crack . What's the best endoscope or borescope to use that won't break the budget? Needs to be able to navigate a 90* bend on the pvc pipes. I can always tape it to a conduit snake to get it far into the pipe if necessary.
Any other ideas to troubleshoot the source of air in the basket?

How do I attach a video? I have one where it shows the air when pulling from a 3 sources. Then I shut the spa off momentarily then open it back up. Lots of air surges in. I have replaced the lid and the gasket as well as all of the orings in the jandy valves.

I don't think you can upload videos, someone else may know better. You can upload pictures, or link to videos that you upload to youtube or other platforms.

That is a lot of air. It is not likely the valve, but valve can be rebuilt. There are typically three o-rings to rebuild them. Use alot of Magic Lube II (not I, I is PTFE, II is Silicone Grease). I would start there. To see if that is the problem, take the center screw out from the handle on the valve. Use a hose and keep the top of the valve flowing with water and see if the air in the pump disappears/lessens. If it does, rebuild the valve.

On the borescope, I too tried a $120 borescope. I couldn't get it to work. I ended up hiring a company and they came out with $3000 Rigid scope and found it in 10 minutes.

Yea…. I tried the hose trick on the valve stems earlier today. It’s not sucking any air through them. 😕. I wish it is going to be that easy.
I rebuilt all of the valves last year. Used plenty of lube on all of the new Orings.

Reactions: PoolStored

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.