Looking to upgrade my sand filter to cartridge.

smooth2222

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 25, 2010
michigan
Which cartridge filter would be best for my pool? Currently have 350lb sand filter. Not to worried about cost, around 1,000 mark.

Pool Filters | In Ground Swimming Pool Filters - Hayward Pool Products Or other brands pentair exc exc

Was thinking swimclear single element?

I wanna save water and also more efficiency and also clear the water up faster. (15,000 pool with every bodies sunscreen sweat and bathing suit dye, soon as we done swimming you can see the water start to get cloudy. We swim a lot with many people.)

All my water chemistry is perfect as i follow the TFP Method

Thanks

Hey smooth !! Have you seen the jacked up equipment prices ? And the 7-8 month wait for some of it ? I had to do it for a build, but for anybody else with working equipment I would highly recommend waiting a year or two.

That said you’ll want 500+ sq foot cartridges and you’ll be nowhere near your $1k. My pentair (500) was $1800 for comparison. Normally we would probably recommend something in the 300 range but if you’re having filtering problems, it would suck to spend all that money and make it just a little better and not a whole lot better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.