Looking for options for pools with deep end greater than 6 feet Above Ground?

poolMAnewbie

Jun 25, 2020
Boston
Hi everyone, my daughter is a competitive synchronized swimmer and we are looking into getting an above ground pool that can ideally be at least 5.5 feet deep at a minimum. My budget is around 40K max which I think rules out most in ground pools. Ideally would like to spend less but based on my quotes below, I don't think I can get a pool for cheaper.

I did some research and so far can only find the rectangular pool companies that would fit the bill. I have received quotes from Kayak and Gibraltar (Wilkes) for the 16x32 foot pool that range in the 32-35K range for pool only. Heater (which is likely needed), electrical, cover, cost of water truck all extra. I am in Massachusetts and was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for an above ground pool with a deep end at least 5.5" feet before making our final decision. Any assistance on price or other models would be greatly appreciated.

I have only seen them go to 54 inches. Have you tried talking to your local pool store and see if a custom liner can be made?

From what I've seen Doughboy sells several that can be dug down to 7' deep.
This is including oval models, which surprised me.

However that's only the center area, I'm not sure if that helps you.

We have a Doughboy, dug down to 7' in the deep end. It's not a big deep area because it slopes down. There are very specific instructions for digging. We DIYed it. Ours is a 48" wall not 52 and it still works.

1593526558429.png
You will have to get an expandable Doughboy liner. They require the liner to be "stretched" in place.
DSCF0848 resz.JPG
35K sounds very high to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.