Long Term Shut Down Questions

May 21, 2018
Fredericksburg, Va
Wanted to get some thoughts on closing my pool while I take a 3 year position overseas. I've talked to few local pool companies who would love to sell me a contract to keep it up and running every summer while I'm gone but I have no interest in spending that kind of money with nobody using it. I have the room in my garage to store pumps, heater and filter but only if there is no reason to have them out while I'm gone. Was thinking of draining it down and leaving the mesh cover on. I have a neighbor who would be able to make sure the water level doesn't rise above 2 feet or so. Understanding it will need an acid wash and good scrubbing when we return, I am at a loss for another way that makes sense financially and mechanically. Looking for recommendations.
Thanks

Leave water in your pool. It is better for the plaster then draining it. Have the neighbor pump some water out if the level gets high.

Store your equipment inside. They may be better for it and prevent critters nesting in it.

We have seen pools be brought back from years of neglect. Yours should just take a good cleaning when you return.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.