Liner leak in inground just after closing

Our pool started leaking when we put the winter cover on. It has the Pacific Pools construction with vinyl liner, polymer walls and "K brackets" supporting the walls, and a sand bottom. We were loosing about 1/2 inch per day, but now that there is only about a foot of water in the shallow end it has slowed down quite a bit. I am worried about the walls being pushed in if I don't have it full. We are in the northeast US. Some say it's ok to leave it, some say just fill it to that level as it leaks, some say I must fix it no matter what, and one person says to buy a 40x100' plastic sheet, empty the pool, put the sheet in, and fill it back up to the return jets. I'm hoping I don't have to do that, but it makes the most sense to me. Anyone know if I can get away without doing that, considering this construction? Thanks very much for any advice!

Any chance your waste line is siphoning water out? Plumbing seems the most probable source. Worst case, add water whenever it’s above freezing.

Any chance your waste line is siphoning water out? Plumbing seems the most probable source. Worst case, add water whenever it’s above freezing.
Thanks for your quick thoughts on this. We had a diver out and just to be sure we plugged the drain line. I added antifreeze to that line afterward. All other penetrations are above the waterline, except the pool light fixture and the gasketing for the stairs. I suspected the fixture since the draining seemed to slow down so much there, but even using a borescope I cannot see a problem with it. The diver put epoxy goop around the cord. Would you recommend a level I should try to maintain?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.