Jul 5, 2017
Greenville, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi Guys,
I have two Pentair GloBright lights and both stopped working at the same time. I have had both fail and had to be replaced but it seems odd they would both go out at the same time and my pool was built in 2017. I have checked the breaker it is not tripped and the light is showing to be on at the controller. Any ideas or am I just unlucky and they both happened to go out? A little frustrating because neither are even 2 years old due to having them replaced under warranty. Let me know if there is anything you know of that I can try. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1244.jpeg
    IMG_1244.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 3
M,

Do you have 120 volt lights, or 12 volt lights?

Are your lights GFCI protected? If so, that would be the first thing I would check.. Does your EasyTouch cabinet have a GFCI outlet in the lower right side. If so, see if that outlet works.. If not push the reset button.

The next thing would be to check that you have AC power at the line side of the Aux 2 (lights) relay and when the lights should be on that you have power on the load side of the relay.

If you have low voltage lights, you will also have a transformer box.. The next thing to check is that the primary side of the transformer has 120 volts AC and that the secondary side has about 12 VAC

Thanks,

Jim R.

M,

Do you have 120 volt lights, or 12 volt lights?

Are your lights GFCI protected? If so, that would be the first thing I would check.. Does your EasyTouch cabinet have a GFCI outlet in the lower right side. If so, see if that outlet works.. If not push the reset button.

The next thing would be to check that you have AC power at the line side of the Aux 2 (lights) relay and when the lights should be on that you have power on the load side of the relay.

If you have low voltage lights, you will also have a transformer box.. The next thing to check is that the primary side of the transformer has 120 volts AC and that the secondary side has about 12 VAC

Thanks,

Jim R.
Pretty sure they are 120 they have a separate breaker in the breaker box and no transformer. I did check the GFCI outlet below the EasyTouch and reset it anyway just to check. I’ll have to check the relay in the AM. I feel like it has to be an electrical problem seems crazy they would both go out at the same time but I have had bad luck so far with them so who knows.

Ok I think the problem is the GFCI outlet. It does not appear to be working even when resetting it. Going to try swapping that out. My bad they are low voltage and I see the transformer now which feeds directly off the GFCI plug so betting that’s the culprit. At least I hope so because that’s a $20 fix.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Well changing the GFCI receptacle did not work. The GFCI is still dead. I am going to have to call an electrician. Glad it is not the actual lights. At least I do not think it is the lights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.