Lightning storm

Apr 13, 2018
Senoia Ga
Hey all! We had a bad storm this morning. Our satellite is not working, a PLayStation console, and our pool equipment isn’t coming on. The Pintair control panel is powerless. Any ideas on where we should start? I’ve called our PB for help (pool is only 2 months old). Waiting to hear back from him.

Michelle,

The EasyTouch normally has several circuit breakers inside the main enclosure... But it also gets its power from your main household circuit breaker panel... Did you make sure that there are no tripped breakers in your main house panel?

Do you have a voltmeter?

Jim R.

Thanks for your response. The panel has its own breaker panel. Power IS coming into the breakers. There are two. Only one has power going out. That is connected to the pump and SWG. Neither are working. The other breaker is for the pool light. Also not working but power going out. Used a voltmeter to determine this. Any ideas ?

Michelle,

Just to be clear... you measured across the two leads coming into the ET.. (Normally called L1 and L2).. and had 220 volts.

But you are saying that you do not have 220 volts coming out of the breaker? If so the breaker has to be bad or just needs to be turned off and back on to reset it.

If you are saying that you have 220 volts coming out of the breaker, but not getting to your pump, then the pump/filter relay is not working (Most likely because your system has no power)

Have you reset the three or four small circuit breakers in the upper right of the main panel with the little LCD? Does the LCD light or work at all.

EasyTouch Power.jpg

If the LCD does not work, you need to see if you have power to the "System" Transformer.. It is the small one on the top right of the picture..

If that does not make sense, post a pic of the inside of your ET showing the wiring.

Thanks,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure you measure between L1 and L2 and not L1 to ground and L2 to ground.. They are not the same thing.

Michelle,

The relay in the upper left side is the Pump/Filter relay.. Measure between Pins 1 and 3 (For reference pins 2 has a yellow wire on it and pin 4 has a white wire on it) You should have 220 volts.. what do you read?

The next relay to the right is the Aux 1 relay and controls your light. Measure between pin 1 and neutral (the bar with all the white wires) You should have 120 volts... What do you read?

Thanks for the pics..

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Michele,

There is the problem.. the Light GFCI breaker is also being used to power the System transformer which makes the voltage to run the EasyTouch.

Make sure you have pushed the white button and then turned the breaker off and then back on.. Push it all the way to the right and then all the way back to the left..

If that don't fix it you will need a new GFCI breaker..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim, you’re the best! Had a bad breaker. Hubby replaced this morning. Would invite you over for dinner to thank you if I could. I really appreciate the time you took to help us understand/troubleshoot our issue. I will make a donation to the site. I need a refill on something for my test kit. Will do it then. - Michelle

Michelle,

Thanks for the feedback and glad you got it working... :goodjob:

A donation to the site would be appreciated as any donation this month is being matched by one of our (rich) members... :p

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.