Light location and depth

DoDo1975

May 22, 2020
Kelowna, Canada
Hi, building a 48 inch wall 32X16 steel walled sports pool with 4' - 5.5' - 4' depth in a kidney configuration. I am curious what is recommendation for the depth of the niche light to be installed. I have heard that same as the return which is near the surface, but not sure what is best. I will have 3 lights (Globrite so not super bright)

Light niche needs to be below skimmer mouth so it is always underwater. Light towards the surface will light up the water better.

Note that GloBrites have proprietary niches. Consider using nicheless lights in 1.5” PVC lines which give you more flexibility.

@jimmythegreek thoughts?

Thanks.

There doesn't seem to be too much info on installing the conduit from the lights. I have 3 lights and they are all home run to the panel. From what I can gather, they will come out the back, 90 straight up and then run a couple inches below the bottom of the concrete above the skimmer level.. But there does not seem to be anything in the installation about this or really much info out there on the web at all.

Anyone have a resource that goes through this?

You just run the conduit like the rest of the plumbing. Run a foot of 1.5" behind the return fitting and reduce to 3/4 or 1" depending where your conduit ends. It needs to be waterproof the lights don't seal perfectly I actually pressure test my nicheless lines. Theres no special depth needed I run mine straight out and to my Jbox I like it deeper its safer from accidents

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.