sunzoon

May 8, 2021
Merrick, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey guys, new to the forum here and could sure use some help. I had my metal framed intex pool set up last year on a paver patio, and there was about a 2.5" difference in level. This year, I thought I would correct this. My thought was to use Owen Corning Foamular board (100 psi strength) underneath starting with 3" on the low end and finishing off with 1/2" on the high end - Owens Corning FOAMULAR NGX F-250 2 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. SSE R-10 XPS Rigid Foam Board Insulation-52DDNGX - The Home Depot

I would feather out the gaps with 1/2" board in 2' intervals and duct/gorilla tape all the seams.

Has anyone every attempted this? I'm trying to avoid building a frame around the pool and leveling the area with sand...

Thanks!

I remember a thread a while back where someone talked about doing that with plywood. I don’t recall if he actually went through with it.

So it is your plan to have the legs on the low side sitting on 3 inches of foam board?

I would not do this. I would create a proper base with a frame and compacted filler.

I remember a thread a while back where someone talked about doing that with plywood. I don’t recall if he actually went through with it.

So it is your plan to have the legs on the low side sitting on 3 inches of foam board?

I would not do this. I would create a proper base with a frame and compacted filler.
Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, the plan was to build an entire platform of the solid foam board where the pool and the legs would be on the foam. In the area of the legs, I was planning to cut out a section of foam and have them sit on pavers, especially on the low end. I'm going back and forth with both ideas. I am hoping not to build a platform as the filler is going to be messy and may still wash out. Additionally, I'll be taking the entire pool down in the fall, so i'm hoping for a good solution that can easily be replicated each year. My concern is whether or not the foam will compress too much. Hoping for your additional thoughts, or any other recommendations.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.