Leslie pool water test

digi,

I "assumed" you were going to say you used tablets... which would have meant that your CYA of 5 could not be correct.

But... If you are using liquid Chlorine, then a CYA of 5 is possible, but a major concern. Without CYA in your water, the chlorine will not last very long.

I suggest that you bring your FC up to 4 or 5 ASAP.

I would also bring your CYA up to 30 ppm.

I see you have been a member since 2014, so how do you normally test your pool water?

Do you have a pool service, or do you maintain your chemicals?

Thanks,

Jim R.

digi,

I "assumed" you were going to say you used tablets... which would have meant that your CYA of 5 could not be correct.

But... If you are using liquid Chlorine, then a CYA of 5 is possible, but a major concern. Without CYA in your water, the chlorine will not last very long.

I suggest that you bring your FC up to 4 or 5 ASAP.

I would also bring your CYA up to 30 ppm.

I see you have been a member since 2014, so how do you normally test your pool water?

Do you have a pool service, or do you maintain your chemicals?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Was doing my own but last several months not able. Pool was not taken care of. Will add CYA, Chlorine and clean alot. Retest and go from there?

Was doing my own but last several months not able. Pool was not taken care of. Will add CYA, Chlorine and clean alot. Retest and go from there?
Looking at the picture from your original post, the water appears cloudy to me. If the pool store tests are even remotely correct, I'm willing to guess your pool has been at 0 FC at some point in recent history. These factors suggest to me that you are likely at the beginning stages of an algae outbreak.

Step 1 is that you really need to test your own water, with a recommended test kit: Test Kits Compared

If you don't have one of those kits, get one ordered pronto, and in the mean time add 1/2 gallon to 1 gallon of liquid chlorine each day until you receive it.

Step 2 - If you do have a proper test kit (or once you get one), I'd start with an overnight chlorine lost test: Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Step 3 -
If you pass the OCLT, then make sure to get your CYA up to ~ 40 ppm, and then maintain your FC according to the FC/CYA Levels.

If you don't pass that, you're looking at a SLAM Process to clear up the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.