Leasing (or whatever) your pool for lessons?

dunginhawk

Bronze Supporter
Jul 10, 2018
CLIVE/IA
Good morning fine peeps :)
So my wife and I were talking about this on our date last night... (i thought she was against it, but apparently not haha).
Pools are still somewhat rare in our area and swimming lessons are in high demand. A couple of the places we used to take our kids are now looking for extra pools to teach lessons at.
Now we paid 500$ for 2 kids to do 2 weeks each last summer. so thats $125 a week (4 days is a week apparently for them) for a 30 minute lesson per day. She is widely regarded as one of (if not) the best instructors. Shes great.

Have any of you (or do any of you) lease/rent/allow use of your pool for lessons? Even a couple days a week???
Just curious how much you might charge etc...
For instance if the instructor charges (round numbers) $50/hour for lessons x conservatively 6 hours a day. = $300 per day.
What would you expect the homeowner to take of that? 1/2? 25%?
Just trying to figure out whether it would be worth it or not... We have a nanny in the summer for the kids, so they will want to use the pool, but a couple days a week might be a good thing.

thanks

Nope, nope, nope! No way would I even take that chance. All it would take is one look at a cell phone for a child to slip and fall. I have had it happen right in front of me as the child was walking. Not worth it to me.

I understand the concern... I certainly do... Its also why insurance exists... 5m umbrella already in place (not for this use, just in general). If you do the math, maybe it means 2k per summer, which I agree is not worth it. Just trying to get all the facts..

I’m with Kim. No way. I don’t care how much insurance you have. Would ever wantcthst hanging over your head if something ever happened at your pool regardless of a law suit. I wouldn’t. I get freaked out when a neighbor kid is over swimming and it’s just my wife and myself.

I understand the concern... I certainly do... Its also why insurance exists... 5m umbrella already in place (not for this use, just in general). If you do the math, maybe it means 2k per summer, which I agree is not worth it. Just trying to get all the facts..

You'd also need to check with your insurer if commercial activity falls within your coverage.

Yeah our insurer is willing and able to do it.. policy would change a bit. Im kind of with you guys though... After digging in a bit its probably just not worth it. If we had a full time instructor who could ensure us 5-6k a month, yeah maybe, but not for the small change.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.