East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
My spa has been leaking as the salt concentration declines a by 200-400 ppm per week. I have repaired many small leaks in the plumbing but I am still losing salt. I am wondering if my autofill may be getting the water level too high and the skimmer might be leaking. The skimmer appears to have one cylinder dropping down inside another. The water comes in and touches the junction between the two parts of plastic, and I wonder if perhaps its not water tight. How might I check. Photo attached. Looking at the manual for the Hayward gannet skimmer, it appears that the collar attaches to the rest go the box, and I wonder if that is not water tight and the cause of my leak. The fix would be to bring down the water level below this line. I have no idea where the water is going, but the auto fill is set to a level above the junction.

Attachments

• IMG_3690.jpeg
    IMG_3690.jpeg
    644.9 KB · Views: 10
Turn off your fill for a week and see if that fixes it.. If it does lower your auto fill to the level below that mark :)

It was not built well. If that gap is a leak, I only have about 2 inches between the bottom of the skimmer and leaky part (I think the skimmer box sits at at angle. In 4 days or so with no fill, I lose to evaporation.

I was thinking I might try to seal the joint with a silicon. The water is hot there but there is no pressure. Any suggestions on sealant to try?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.