ateam

Jul 8, 2015
San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Everything was going fine until the power went out.

Now my pool is half empty and I’m not even really sure where it is leaking from.

It’s finally starting to warm up and clear up so I want to try to figure out what needs fixed. I don’t have a regular pool guy since I usually do all my own repairs and maintenance (thanks to tfp), but worried this may be beyond my skill set.

Here are some pics, where should I start?

DBB1D3BA-081A-4ACC-8909-9F33E504A30B.jpeg5C04DB40-FCD8-4B10-A96E-6B599073F463.jpeg11411AD6-4D68-45F5-AC61-FF5C250C3DDB.jpeg37A2E9F3-2180-414F-90A9-DEE05C0828E7.jpeg

A,

I think the first thing you want to do is figure out if the problem is at your equipment pad or not.

Since the pool is only half full, you either need to fill it back up or make sure you are sucking water from just your main drain. Turn the pump on and inspect the equipment pad and see if you can see any leaks.. To drain half a pool the leak should be very obvious.

Since you have 4 pumps, you might want to run them one at a time to see what happens..

Let us know what you find,

Jim R.

Reactions: ateam
It leaked out over the course of 2-3 days under the snow, so it’s all run off now. My equipment is below the waterlevel and it seems that it emptied to my middle drain level that feeds my waterfall pumps, so I’m guessing that is the issue.

A,

You will need to fill it up at least above the waterfall intakes and see what happens.

While you could have some kind of underground leak, the most likely problem would be a broken line or valve at the equipment pad..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
3 out of 4 pumps are good. I think the 4th is still frozen. It makes a loud noise when I try to start it and no water movement. I’ll try it again tomorrow to see if It is finally thawed out.

Most of use are not real keen on clicking on blind links in a post. Prefer that you post pictures via the TFP server.

If the wet end is what is effected, then it normally can be replaced. Please update your signature with what pool equipment you have (details help).

Call Inyopools to be sure what you have is what is shown.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.