cvan1971man

Mar 18, 2022
Arlington, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My dad has a leak at his pool that was located with a hearing device. The leak is in the PVC pipe that leads to a jet from the pool pump. We are leaking about 1000 in 2 - 3 days.

It was recommended to dig up the flagstone and dig down 3 feet to the pipe. Looking for a magic bullet to fix this as digging in 108-degree heat is not high on my list.

My PB just sent America Leak Detection for the same issue and they expoxy around the jet/return to solve the leak issue as I too was loosing a ton of water.

My dad said that the guy said the leak is between the pool and the pump in the PVC, not at the jet. I wish it was at the jet.
OK, so either a fitting or a crack. Then I think it is time to bite the bullet and get down there to repair it as you also want good pressure in the system.

Last edited:
With a cracked pipe, you really need to dig down and repair the pipe area. You may see a couple "pour & seal" products online, but I would be hesitant to rely on such products. Best to fix the problem once and for all with a proper pipe repair. Aside form the actual decking cuts to access and dig down to the problem area, fixing the pipe itself is a relatively straight-forward DIY project.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.