Leak Help

Dabby

Aug 16, 2010
Saginaw, TX
We have a major leak in our pool. The concrete deck at one end has raised about 1/2" above where it used to be. I believe this has caused the drain pipe in the skimmer to separate from the joint. I can't see it, but it feels like there is a gap in the plumbing.

My first question is, can I safely turn off the skimmer line at the equipment and run the pump with the main drains only? That way I can stop adding water daily and let the level drop below the skimmers until I can get it repaired.

Second question, does anyone in the DFW area know of someone that can fix this?

Thanks.

We have a major leak in our pool. The concrete deck at one end has raised about 1/2" above where it used to be. I believe this has caused the drain pipe in the skimmer to separate from the joint. I can't see it, but it feels like there is a gap in the plumbing.

My first question is, can I safely turn off the skimmer line at the equipment and run the pump with the main drains only? That way I can stop adding water daily and let the level drop below the skimmers until I can get it repaired.

Second question, does anyone in the DFW area know of someone that can fix this?

Thanks.
If you have a valve that can do that it should be fine. Just be sure to check all around the skimmer joint to be sure of where the break might be. What kind of decking is it? Our cantilever deck also moved up an inch and it’s ok because the skimmer has separate ring on top that allows for different deck thicknesses. If there’s really a leak, it may just be in joints around the plaster to skimmer joints. Try doing a food dye test and see for sure before you spend too much time on something that isn’t broken.

If you have a valve that can do that it should be fine. Just be sure to check all around the skimmer joint to be sure of where the break might be. What kind of decking is it? Our cantilever deck also moved up an inch and it’s ok because the skimmer has separate ring on top that allows for different deck thicknesses. If there’s really a leak, it may just be in joints around the plaster to skimmer joints. Try doing a food dye test and see for sure before you spend too much time on something that isn’t broken.
The decking is concrete. I can't see it, but it feels like the skimmer joint has separated from the pipe. There seems to be about a 1/4" gap. How would the dye test work?

The decking is concrete. I can't see it, but it feels like the skimmer joint has separated from the pipe. There seems to be about a 1/4" gap. How would the dye test work?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.