Leaf net

Probably depends if you have a lot of leaves. For me, yes...it's necessary but we have a LOT of trees. Yes, the robot does a good job, but it wouldn't take long to get full of leaves. And at the height of fall, without it our skimmer would fill very, VERY quickly.
Edit: And spring. And summer. There is almost ALWAYS something I need to fish out of the pool.

Reactions: Jennybird
I had 80 or so oaks at my old house and used the tennis racket style net. I had forearms like Popeye. Then we moved.

F9863FED-F374-4F02-966A-D4C4AF9B5C9A.jpeg

• Haha
Yes necessary and at minimum an every morning ritual. Leaves, feathers, blossoms, bees, worms all find their way into the open water. Most days it involves only a few minutes a day but when the wind blows I dream of a cover.

During peak season I never really need to use mine unless there is a storm. Most of it’s use is right after opening & right before closing (i open in April & close near the end of October). I also use it quite a bit over the winter to scoop debris from my cover as mosquitoes breed here year round! It is an invaluable piece of equipment.

I have one. I have a lot of pines. I am also very, very lazy and just let the skimmer and vacuum do their things. I don’t brush, I don’t scoop leaves or needles. You know what I use it for? I am the only one that uses my pool and when I get in, I’ll bring the leaf net with me and travel the wall to circulate the water. It it catches anything, well, fantastic. Lol. But I use it to create more turbulence.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.