Gold Supporter
Jun 24, 2022
Donna, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I have 4 Rolachems 2 Stenners and some Hayward controllers. I have a source for 15 gallon containers of LC. I would like to make a LC feeder with the equipment I have. I don't think it would be that big a deal. Replace the tubing in a peristaltic pump and connect it to the container and to the plumbing after the heater (edit) with a check valve. Control the pump with a timer (edit) timer is built in, and bobs your uncle right? I would need to know the best tube to use, and where to pump the LC from, (top or bottom) the holes are already in the pipe from the heater. What am I missing?
Rola-Chem.jpgStenner.jpgHayward controllers.jpg

Last edited:
All those pumps and controllers look like they have no pipes connected to them,

Can you give us the backstory on where that setup came from?

So now you want to repurpose it for chlorine injection into your pool?

This thread may help...

The other people that maintained the pools were not successful in using the automatic system the park had installed. I found one Rolachem pump that is usable, I am setting up my system with that. It has a potentiometer to set the level of chlorine going into the pool. The Stenner requires much more interaction to set the timers. I am looking for a vessel to hold the chlorine now. The ones made for pools are quite expensive. I will probably buy something from a homebrew supply shop, or a drinking water 5 gallon carboy from Walmart.

Be sure to CLEARLY relabel those buckets.
You don't want someone putting the wrong chemical in them or have the health department (or whoever is responsible for public pools) shut you down.

I replaced the flex tube in the Rola-Chem pump and got it all situated better. I labeled the dispenser bucket for "Chlorinating Liquid Only" and the pump is running continuously since I got behind on keeping the FC at 5+.Video of LC Feeder

The flex tube is 5/16 ID and 1/2 OD, when the tubing needs replaced I plan to use one continuous hose to replace the flex tube and fittings. I will need to figure out a way to keep the tube from feeding all the way through the pump.

I'm using this thread as my notes.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.