Landscaping

Christians1

Jun 9, 2021
East Coast
We just had an above ground pool installed. There is a slight hill and one side of the pool is below grade about 10inches.. and the other side is on grade.

My question is. Can i fill in the 10inches with just top soil and then small white stone? Or is there a specific process to backfill against a pool. The pool is a resin pool.

I was thinking something like landscaping paper against the pool walls.. Then fill in with top soil... then add some sand then some at the top then the white stone.

Please let me know if there are any process or articles that I can reference on proper way to do this.

Thank you

The thing I would do is put down a French drain pipe with gravel all around it. This will allow the water to flow away from the pool wall. Make sure the water the pipe pulls from that area does NOT flow under the pool where it comes to daylight. Point it well away from the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.