Ladder mats and attaching the ladder

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
Hi All - 2 part question for the fine folks here

#1 - I have the standard A-frame ladder (no deck) and I've been using a walmart bath mat to put under the ladder so the kids don't tear the liner when they jump. Every few weeks the mats are greenish and I clean them. Just wondering how many people actually use ladder mats. Are they necessary? Has anyone's pool ever torn because of a ladder?
#2 - How do people attach their A-Frame ladder if it's not on a deck. I use big C-Clamps to attach the ladder platform to the top rail. Is there a better way to secure it? Thanks!

I don’t use a ladder mat. No issues. My ladder has a wide, smooth, bottom without any individual pressure points.

Before I built my deck, I screwed the ladder base outside of the pool into some large, heavy pavers with concrete anchors. That held down the outside portion great and kept things stable.

Reactions: ghall6292
No mat here either, and I’ve never had any issues with ladder (for first couple of years) and steps (since then).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.