ktdave's pool build

OK OK....DON"T PANIC, I got this.

1. Go inside and put on your safety gear...typically a waterproof type short pant will do the trick. No shirt or shoues required.

2. Grab a cold beverage...this stuf is easily addicting and can actually be somewhat hypnotic. You will need to have a fluid to ingest to help keep your wits about you. I have found alcohol counters the effect of DHMO, but sometimes DHMO helps counter the effect of alcohol...very tricky this stuff.

3. Carefully....I mean very carefully, enter the DHMO. Some people tend to jump in feet first and the bravest of the brave will go head first, but I suggest a slow, gradual entry....this will create a very euphoric feeling the first time you enter the substance.

4. spend a good amount of time in the DHMO...this will help break the chemical in for regular use.

When in doubt, get the entire family in the DHMO...this will work faster at creating a more enjoyable environment.

GOOD LUCK! Let us know what the outcome is!

:wink:

Dave,
I love how you utilized such a small space you have! The pool looks great and I'm sure it is ALL worth the wait!

Congratulations!

P.S.
If you don't mind, I'd love to see a night time shot with the lights turned on when it's full!

MaMa G.,
Thank you so much for your comments. Yes, we have a small space (60' x 28' except for where our house has that "cut-away" where the deep-end is) to deal with, of that was a 14' utility easement (which we placed the back part of our deck on; if the utility co. needs to dig it up, go ahead; but we doubt that will happen. The actual lines are located beyond where our deck is.) So this is an example of someone who has a small yard but can still pull off a nice pool.

Jay,
So you're telling me the DHMO won't be a problem if I have shorts on (no shirt) and a beverage in my hand :lol: !
Thanks for the advice!

Everyone else thanks so much for the attention and well wishes!

It appears that my estimate of 15,000 galllons is WAY off. Looks like I will be closer to 10,000 maybe a little less.

Some pics of my girls enjoying "the fill"

100_04352.jpg

100_04402.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sweet indeed...

As my lil girl (6 yo) and I were swimming together this afternoon... I was thinking how much time we'll get to spend together due to this project... even as painful as it was.

Looks like some happy girls you got there too!!!

I'm happy for you!

Dave,

If you're still here, don't let that hose lay on your plaster all night if you can help it.

I did, and it left a line.. which I eventually brushed out... but would've been easier not to have it.

Just let the hose sit on the edge and shoot into the water if it's still running.

Enjoy!

I really like the scalloped edge of the beach area... had not noticed that until the photo with your little angel! Lovely girls, and gonna be a great pool!

Attachments

• Water Testing Instructions.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Water Testing Instructions.pdf
    8.3 KB · Views: 2
Nice tip...I'll write that down if I ever get to that point!

Dave, I think you are right. I anticipate ore quality time with my boys away from the TV, XBOX and computer. I had a pool growing up, and I think it was my number 1 favorite activity to do as a kid. Family BBQ, birthday parties, neighborhood BBQ...I hope my kids create the same memories I did. I'll never forget those days.

I can't thank everyone enough for the kind words.

At the moment, the plumbers are digging under the deck to fix one of their faux pas. If you look back at the pics with my girls, you can see 2 dark gray "returns" in the beach entry. Well, when we started the pump, we found out that the bubbler, that is supposed to be in the center of the beach entry, is actually the one on the left near the wall and the one on the right in the pic (center of beach entry) is a regular return. AAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH! I'm sorry, just venting a bit! Probably something that happens occasionally, but would have been avoided easily with proper QC at steel/plumbing phase.

Any advice, thoughts, comments on my recourse would be appreciated.

EDIT: Comments like "Nuke 'em Dave" or "hold their kids for ransom" are very welcome!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.