Keeping Intelliflo Always Powered

Oct 18, 2015
Florida
I have a Pentair Intelliflo which is just a little over 5 years old. A recent problem is that it is losing track of the time overnight and not starting up in the morning. It is connected to a Pentair Compool LX-100 power box from 2006 which used to power a single speed pump. When the variable speed pump was installed it was programmed to go on/off at the same time as the mechanical clock. This way salt cell and everything else powered off at night.

From what I have read, it's probably a capacitor in the pump which is no longer saving the time when powered off. Short term solution is to just have the LX-100 clock on 24/7 so the pump doesn't lose power. What I would really like to do is wire the pump up so that it is powered 24/7 even when the mechanical clock is off.

Is this possible with the LX-100? I'm pretty handy and have done electrical work but trying to understand if I need a new circuit or if I can open up the LX-100 and re-wire the pump. I did not find much documentation on the electrical side which is why I am seeking advice.

Thanks.

Is the pump on a dedicated CB?

Find the pump relay in the Compool cabinet and either move the pump power wires from the load connections to the line connection side of the relay; or if on a dedicated CB disconnect the load and line wires from the relay and wirenut them together.

F,

The IntelliFlo is designed to have constant AC power and the on/off cycle is normally controlled by an RS-485 cable.

Do you know if the Compool system has the ability to connect to the RS-485 bus?

In theory the SWCG should only get power when the Pump/Filter relay is closed. This prevents the cell from running when the pump is off.

There is no reason that you can't open the LX-100 and take the wires currently going to the pump/filter relay off of the load side of the relay and move them over to the line side of the relay. If there is more than one wire on the load side, make sure you only move the two wires going to the IntelliFlo pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.

OK, thank you both. That's what I assumed, that I could just move from the load to line side. And yes, the pump has its own circuit breaker. I will open it up and just make sure I am only changing the pump wiring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.