K0006 chlorine testing problems

ste

Apr 25, 2019
costarica
CC TEST
Added 2 dippers of 0870 in the 10ml sample of the large comparator,than added 4 drops of 0871 till colorless( 4drops x 0.5 =2ppm) , but after 40 second the sample's water got pink again so i added other 2 drops till color less but than after 40 seconds got pink again ,lighter than the first time ...so my question is this; is normal that from colorless after a while the water of the sample get back pink color? Is my CC LEVEL at 2 or 3 or what ?

You are finished testing when the water turns clear for CC. Record result and dispose of the sample. Disregard it turning pink again - not part of the equation.

ste, I just want to make sure you're not getting a couple steps mixed up (FC versus CC). What you described above seemed to only be the FC test portion since you made no mention of the R-0003 drops. By the way, for the 10 ML water sample size, use ONE generous scoop of powder is sufficient. Add the R-0871 drops until clear and cut results in half like you did. (i.e. 4 drops = FC of 2. Yes, the solution will start going pink after you let it sit too long afterwards, so record the "FC" as soon as you get it clear, then move-on to the CC.

For the CC, have the R-0003 drops ready and get into it right away after the FC test. Then use Steps 6-8 from the link below for the CC test specifically to complete the CC test.

Also see: FAS-DPD Chlorine Test - Trouble Free Pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.