Jul 12, 2023
Georgia
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi all. I have an issue with one of my JVA's working only intermittently and I'm hoping to find an easy answer and save the cost of an electrician. The JVA was recently replaced because it would work one day, then not the next. It will move manually, but will not turn by itself, although the programming was recently checked, updated, and all was working fine. That is, until today. This JVA controls our in-floor system. When the pool turned off for the day, the valve actually moved into the position it is SUPPOSED to be in when the pool and in-floor is running. It's almost like there are crossed wires somewhere or something. Could there be an electrical short ? Has anyone experienced this ? Your help is appreciated !

When the pool turned off for the day, the valve actually moved into the position it is SUPPOSED to be in when the pool and in-floor is running.

What position was the JVA when the pool was running?

If the positions when the pool is running and off are reversed you need to find the small toggle switch on the side of the JVA.

The toggle switch has three positions - ON1-OFF-ON2. Flip the toggle switch to the other position and the JVA will reset and turn and reverse.

Thanks for your response. When the main board was "re-programmed" the other day, they said do NOT touch this switch because it will mess up the entire programming. What I have done in the interim is just keep that JVA in the "off" position because we need that floor system to operate and it is only affected by the spa mode, which is not gonna happen again until the Spring. I just don't understand how the JVA works in the "ON-1" position for a little while the way it's supposed to, and then all of a sudden, it doesn't. THEN it reverses course and does the opposite. I REALLY wonder if the "re-programming" was not done correctly.

Either ON1 or ON2 is the correct position.

You can figure it out for yourself or call them back to move the switch to the correct position.

Make note of the correct switch position since it is easy for it to be moved accidentally.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.