Dallas, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I’ve been using the pentair rainbow test kit for the last month which was the first month of us having our new pool. My new TF-100 kit arrived today and here are the results! I have the recommended levels printout but wanted some feedback here as well.

Salt test strips: 2065
CYA: I could see the dot the whole time...not sure what I did wrong here ?
CH: 275
FC: 6
CC: 0.5
TA: 50

My thoughts:
Salt is low..how do I know how much to add? Didn’t see it on the pool math app
FC: high, I’ve been struggling with those levels since my pentair chlorine test showed no chlorine every day after adding plenty the day before
CH low
TA low
Not sure about the CYA test since I couldn’t keep chlorine in the pool for more than a few hours last week and now it’s basically staying for one day or a little less since I added about 2 lbs cyanuric acid a week ago

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I’m just not sure where to start or if it matters.

Last edited:
Great job on the tests.
Leave CH and TA, they are fine. pH?
The CYA you added equates to 23 ppm. So add another 3 lbs via the sock method. How did you dissolve the previous add?
Enable salt in your app setup. Then use your test result to add enough salt to raise your salinity to what your SWCG wants.

Reactions: Awp14
Thanks! We will start the salt and cya tomorrow. We did the sock method last time too. pH is usually a little high in the morning and I end up adding 8 oz of muriatic acid per day based on the pentair kit results. I’m assuming the new kit will show the same but will use that in the morning.

Do you know anything about the pentair app? We were not taught how to use it unfortunately. I wondered if I should adjust anything with this screen (picture attached.)

Attachments

• 4367DED7-E1C4-4163-984E-34E2863200BC.jpeg
    4367DED7-E1C4-4163-984E-34E2863200BC.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 9
Is that ScreenLogic? You need to add what automation, SWCG, pump, and filter you have to your signature.

Ok, updated my signature with the list our PB sent us a few months back.

It is screen logic. I don’t understand if I’m supposed to not have to add chlorine daily since I have a SWCG. But based on an ideal salt range from the manual of 3200-3400 it looks like I’ll be adding quite a bit of salt today. Do you know if I will need to adjust anything with the app?

Also, not sure if this changes your suggestion but I keep getting these black spots on the pebbletec. I can sometimes scrub them off if it’s shallow enough but not sure how to keep them from coming back or get rid of the deeper ones. Pics attached.

Attachments

• E11E6A59-403F-4CFD-AEF2-F6FB2AB528C6.jpeg
    E11E6A59-403F-4CFD-AEF2-F6FB2AB528C6.jpeg
    669.7 KB · Views: 6
  • B019FCF0-F07A-4630-B5E1-07B005CC4028.jpeg
    B019FCF0-F07A-4630-B5E1-07B005CC4028.jpeg
    740.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.