Just got a Pentair superflo VS 1.5. Ran single speed for 4 hours. How long for the VS?

Poolsnotmygame

Apr 25, 2019
Massapequa, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I used to run my singles speed pump for only 4 hours a day. I just had the VS pump installed and told that it will run from 8-8 each day at 3 different settings. Will this actually be saving me money though? Going from a 4 hour run to 12? Does it need to run for 12 hours?

You can still run the pump for the same amount of time, just at lower speeds which will save energy. No reason to run longer unless you need the time for something other than circulation.

I used to run my singles speed pump for only 4 hours a day. I just had the VS pump installed and told that it will run from 8-8 each day at 3 different settings. Will this actually be saving me money though? Going from a 4 hour run to 12? Does it need to run for 12 hours?
When I replaced my single speed 1½ hp pump with the SUPERFLO VS I chose to program it to do 1½ trurnovers in 8 hours. I programmed it for 2 hours at 3000 RPM to skim off any floating debris then run it 1500 RPM for 6 hours. This is adequate to keep my SWG producing enough chlorine and reduced my energy use substantially. The pump default schedule recommended is 2 hours @ 3000 RPM, 10 hours @ 1400 RPM and 2 hours @ 2200RPM. The default suggested is way more turnover than needed for my small 10kgal screened inground pool.

My 20k pool I program the same VSP to run 2400 rpm for 1.5 hour, then 1200 rpm for 6 hour. When the DE filter is a bit clogged I increase the 2400 to 2600 so my suction cleaner can still work. No SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.