Just getting started

malindadale

Mar 25, 2020
Tennessee
I am very new to opening pool I have the hayward Proseries High rate sand filter, I will take cover off and then will add the bleach. I have never started the pump before. simple steps and advice welcomed here.... (before I actually start.)

Welcome! :wave: This is a very good place to start:

Let us know if you have questions. Also make sure to review our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and review/bookmark those Vital Links below in my signature. They will all come in handy. Hopefully you already have a TF-100 (or Taylor K-2006C) test kit in-hand. That's very important. See Test Kits Compared.

Good luck on your opening.

Today, I am gathering everything I need to start this process.. When a pool company has done it.....I don't know if I have everything I need. Or maybe I do. I will look for a test kit today. but right now....My pool is green, I have never worked the pump...Can it be hard for a beginner?

Well, many people open their own pools, but you do need basic understanding of how your equipment works and you need a proper test kit (especially if it's green with algae). You will want to be comfortable with the plumbing (valves) and equipment and their operation. To remove the algae, you would follow the SLAM Process once the water is moving. If you're not sure about getting everything connected and running, you can ask someone to help you with that part, then do the SLAM Process on your own - with the right test kit. Just a thought.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.