Just checked my security cam and the pool builder just put in salt today for the first time.

ModernCha

May 29, 2019
Charlotte, NC
The issue is the pool was plastered 9/16/19 and now it's 10/2/19. I was not told he was doing this today.

This seems really early. Am I being paranoid?

The plaster is Tahoe Blue Stonescapes Mini Pebble with Glass.

Last edited:
NPT Pool says wait a minimum of 28 days, so I'd certainly approach the PB about that, and get it in writing that they accept the responsibility if anything happens.

I'd also save a permanent copy of that video.

It's about 2 weeks sooner than recommended. If he brushed it around until it all dissolved and did not let it sit on the pool surface then you should be okay.

I would send him a friendly email noting when the salt was added. If you see any stains that develop you can then bring it to his attention.

Yeah I saved the videos. Kind of speechless. No message, nothing.
It's about 2 weeks sooner than recommended. If he brushed it around until it all dissolved and did not let it sit on the pool surface then you should be okay.

I would send him a friendly email noting when the salt was added. If you see any stains that develop you can then bring it to his attention.
Thanks, they did brush it in thoroughly at least but I would of wanted to wait the four weeks if my builder gave me the chance. He went on vacation the day after plaster and has just sent his Pool School Guy to monitor the water and drop off the brush. I was waiting for my builder to call me to go over it all. The pool school guy said they can turn on the heater Sunday. But isn't that too soon as well?

Yeah I saved the videos. Kind of speechless. No message, nothing.

Thanks, they did brush it in thoroughly at least but I would of wanted to wait the four weeks if my builder gave me the chance. He went on vacation the day after plaster and has just sent his Pool School Guy to monitor the water and drop off the brush. I was waiting for my builder to call me to go over it all. The pool school guy said they can turn on the heater Sunday. But isn't that too soon as well?

This is what https://wetedgetechnologies.com/files/28_Day_Start_Up_Instructions.pdf says:

DO NOT ADD SALT FOR 28 DAYS – UNPLUG SALT GENERATOR
• Adding salt to the finish prior to day 28 may cause spider cracking
DO NOT USE YOUR HEATER FOR 28 DAYS
• Using your heater may cause spider cracking, metal staining and plaster dust could clog the heater voiding your heater warranty.
DO NOT USE CLEANERS OR VACUUM WITH WHEELS
• Wheeled devices can leave track marks
DO NOT ALLOW PETS OR HUMANS IN THE FRESHLY PLASTERED POOL FOR SEVEN DAYS
• Footprints – human or otherwise can leave imprints on the pool surface.
DO NOT SWIM IN THE POOL FOR SEVEN DAYS
• Day 7 you can add enough chlorine to sanitize the pool water
DO NOT USE PHOSPATE REMOVER FOR 28 DAYS

Reactions: Arizonarob
my builder added salt just a few days after our plaster. I wasn't a happy camper either. I contacted the manufacturer of the plaster and according to them, they said it would be no problem. their instructions on their website never said what time frame to add the salt so that is why I contacted them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.